As we all know, anxiety can be overwhelming. It can often become insurmountable to reverse the effects of an anxiety attack once it has surfaced.
We’ve formulated a 6 step guide to ensure you avoid these situations and to help you on your road to recovering from your clinical anxiety.
- Limit Caffeine Intake! Studies have repeatedly shown that those who suffer from anxiety experience exacerbated symptoms when caffeine is introduced. Limiting intake or excluding it from your diet completely is a sure-fire way to reduce your anxiety immediately.
- Talk to a friend or loved one. Talking about your anxiety to others has also been proven to immediately alleviate symptoms. Recognizing that your anxiety is existent and giving it the respect and attention it deserves can often lessen symptoms
- Go for a walk in nature. I personally enjoy this pointer as being amongst wildlife and plants gives me an “at-one” feeling with the Earth.
- Exercise, exercise, exercise! Scientists recommend a healthy amount of 60 minutes of exercise a day to assist your physical and mental health, but don’t overdo it.
- Take a nap! If your anxiety becomes too heavy to deal with and you are finding yourself in a situation that is difficult to function in, try taking a nap. Sleeping gives your mind and body a chance to reset and can help give you a fresh start to the second half of your day.
- Practice self-care. Those who consistently practice self-care and are overall healthy people report lower levels of anxiety and depression. Be sure to brush your teeth, shower daily, and eat healthily.